Billie Eilish speaks out against slut shaming by Mandeep Rai

 I thought I'd wrote about something different today! 

I was reading about Billie Eilish and how someone bodyshamed her. 

She was pictured wearing a nude vest top with shorts. The bully took to Twitter and wrote, "in 10 months Billie Eilish has developed a mid 30's wine mom body". 

This girl is a multiplatinum musical sensation. She has won Grammys and she should be proud of that.

She shouldn't listen to people who want to body shame her as these people don't matter. 

Billie has spoken in the past about the insecurities she has faced over her image. 

"You have opinions about my opinions; about my music; about my clothes; about my body.

"Some people hate what I wear; some people praise it; some people use it to shame others; some people use it to shame me, but I feel you watching.

"Always, and nothing I do goes unseen, so while I feel your stares; your disapproval, or your sigh of relief, if I lived by them, I’d never be able to move.

"Would you like me to be smaller? Weaker? Softer? Taller? Would you like me to be quiet? Do my shoulders provoke you? Does my chest? Am I my stomach? My hips?

"The body I was born with - is it not what you wanted? If I wear what is comfortable, I am not a woman. If I shed the layers, I'm a slut. Though you've never seen my body, you still judge it and judge me for it. Why?"

No one should have to deal with this but I guess that's what's wrong with the world. Social media has given people a voice, even if it is a mean one.

Comments

Popular Posts